Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/manutdfo/public_html/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 643

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/manutdfo/public_html/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 643

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1052: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
View topic - Do beauty contests do more harm than good? | Red Devils Forum

Do beauty contests do more harm than good?

Like to have a good debate and express your views, then share them here.

Do beauty contests do more harm than good?

Unread postby sazhazey » 23 May 2011 08:05

what do you think are they good for children or bad? give your reason why you think they are good or bad below?
Random avatar
sazhazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 1
Highscores: 1
Medals: 4
Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1)

Unread postby J.A.D.E » 23 May 2011 09:56

What harm?
J.A.D.E
Premium User:
Premium User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:

Medals: 1
Donated to Site (1)

Unread postby Gaz » 23 May 2011 12:26

Fact is you teaching young girls wrong lessons in life
Gaz
Registered User:
Registered User:
Reserve Team Player:
Reserve Team Player:

Medals: 2
Forum Milestone (2)

Unread postby robi » 23 May 2011 12:47

J.A.D.E wrote:What harm?

Dressing young girls under age of course like burlesque dancers in my eyes is wrong they are 6 to 12 years old and are dressed up like a 19 year old tart about to go out partying.

I am very against them it sends out all the wrong signals in life to young impressionable minds all over the place.
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 52
Highscores: 10
Medals: 13
Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby J.A.D.E » 24 May 2011 08:16

Robi wrote:

Dressing young girls under age of course like burlesque dancers in my eyes is wrong they are 6 to 12 years old and are dressed up like a 19 year old tart about to go out partying.

I am very against them it sends out all the wrong signals in life to young impressionable minds all over the place.

I dont think they are just influenced onlyt by fashion shows. Movies/tv etc have a greater impact. Although this is where the parental control comes into play. If 6-12 year old are dressed like tars, then I blame the parents more than fashion shows.
J.A.D.E
Premium User:
Premium User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:

Donated to Site (1)

Unread postby sazhazey » 24 May 2011 08:47

Look at that woman who puts botox in the her kid to win, you can deny that is not harming a child.
Random avatar
sazhazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 1
Highscores: 1
Medals: 4
Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1)

Unread postby Tonyblack » 24 May 2011 12:25

How can they do good?
Tonyblack
Registered User:
Registered User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:

Unread postby robi » 24 May 2011 20:24

J.A.D.E wrote:
Robi wrote:

I dont think they are just influenced onlyt by fashion shows. Movies/tv etc have a greater impact. Although this is where the parental control comes into play. If 6-12 year old are dressed like tars, then I blame the parents more than fashion shows.

Ofc I agree with you its the parents faults but why would you enter your child in one of those degrading shows?
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 52
Highscores: 10
Medals: 13
Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby J.A.D.E » 25 May 2011 03:40

Tonyblack wrote:How can they do good?

I dont think it does any good either. I consider it purely an entertainement option, like movies or TV shows.

Robi wrote:Ofc I agree with you its the parents faults but why would you enter your child in one of those degrading shows?

If I was a parent, I would never force my kid to enter into those and it definitely would not be my choice of career for my kids. As long as it is done purely for fun and entertainment it is OK by me.

sazhazey wrote:Look at that woman who puts botox in the her kid to win, you can deny that is not harming a child.

Definitely. If it comes to light, the law should punish the parent severly for such an act. As I said before, these are extreme cases which cross the "for fun" limits.

To be frank, many contestant/organizers consider these contests as an expression of feminity or women empowerment etc, though I consider the motivation to be purely commercial. It is also used as a showcase by desginers.

Answer this honestly....if you have a cute kid and some toys/garment designer approaches you to feature your kid in their next showcase event (which may be a rampwalk), how many would you say no? (none of the botox nonsese applies)
J.A.D.E
Premium User:
Premium User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:

Donated to Site (1)

Unread postby K1nS » 02 Feb 2012 17:55

I've only ever seen this on TV, and its always American based. The way some of those are, is terrible! They make girls as young as 8-9 dress like they're in their late teens! Whats wrong with having a normal child hood where you play daft games, hide and seek, "house" etc.?
Random avatar
K1nS
Registered User:
Registered User:
Academy Player:
Academy Player:

Return to Debate & Loggerheads Area