Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/manutdfo/public_html/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 643

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/manutdfo/public_html/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 643

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/manutdfo/public_html/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 643

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/manutdfo/public_html/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 643
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1052: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
View topic - Should parents need a licence | Red Devils Forum

Should parents need a licence

Like to have a good debate and express your views, then share them here.

Should parents need a licence

Unread postby Tonyblack » 12 May 2011 13:33

Should parents be required to have a licence before being allowed to have kids, such as being classed as a fit parent and have the money to support a child?
Image
Image
User avatar
Tonyblack
Registered User:
Registered User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:
 
Joined: 12 May 2011, 11:31
Age: 61
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Gender: Male

Unread postby Richazey » 12 May 2011 22:34

Yes I think all parents should need a fit and propper test to be allowed to be parents but it would be impossible to implement
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:
 
Articles: 12
Images: 119
Highscores: 6
Joined: 09 Apr 2011, 23:00
Gender: Unknown
Medals: 8
Forum Milestone (3) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Image Milestone (1)

Unread postby sazhazey » 13 May 2011 06:53

Oh Tony if only. I would love this to come into action. Being in my job I have seen hundreds of children throughout my career and the amount of unfit/unsuitable parents is unreal.
Some parents have children for the money benefits and nothing else. We currently have a child who's parents have not got a clue and she is pregnant again and her words to me were "God knows what we will do I don't know how it happened" :o WHAT.

There are some women one I know very well who cannot have children and yet there are others who have no clue at all and it makes me so sad. I see the way these children get treated hitting, smacking because they don't do what Mum says, take a step back and look at yourself.

I'm not perfect but Molly is the most precious thing in the world and me and Rich work so hard to provide her with the best we can, were lucky we get to spend every day with her where as some parents can't wait to get rid of their child.
It makes me so angry.

So yes Tony if there was a test/licence required there would be a lot of difference to the way children are treated.
Random avatar
sazhazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:
 
Articles: 1
Images: 3
Highscores: 1
Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 08:42
Gender: Unknown
Medals: 4
Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1)

Unread postby J.A.D.E » 13 May 2011 07:51

Completely impractical.

What would be the criteria?

Finances? - wont work as we have ample instances of poor born people going on to achievegreat things. Also it would be against human rights to deny that pleasure to a mom, just becuase she does not have money. Would be like buying a child!!! On the other hand, we also have a number of instance of wealthier people having no interest/time for their kids.

I cant think of any other "qualifications" for a parent!
User avatar
J.A.D.E
Premium User:
Premium User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:
 
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 23:41
Age: 39
Location: Neither here nor there!
Gender: Male
Medals: 1
Donated to Site (1)

Unread postby Tonyblack » 13 May 2011 16:31

J.A.D.E wrote:Completely impractical.

What would be the criteria?

Finances? - wont work as we have ample instances of poor born people going on to achievegreat things. Also it would be against human rights to deny that pleasure to a mom, just becuase she does not have money. Would be like buying a child!!! On the other hand, we also have a number of instance of wealthier people having no interest/time for their kids.

I cant think of any other "qualifications" for a parent!


Mentality for starters would be on my list I could list a 2000 reasons why it should be done
Image
Image
User avatar
Tonyblack
Registered User:
Registered User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:
 
Joined: 12 May 2011, 11:31
Age: 61
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Gender: Male

Unread postby fiona1964 » 15 May 2011 16:39

I agree I know of some woman who should never be allowed to have kids but because there is no law to stop them they keep having them
I worked until my twins were born and I had planned on going back to work but my husband at the time walked out when they were 6months old so me returning to work was a no go,I became a stay at home mum when the children started school I tried to find a job that would fit around them as I did not want to rely on childminders but I could not find anything
I hated been on the dole as money was always tight, but I gave my children all my time and love I was always there for then and I been lucky they have all turned out great Adults
Image
User avatar
fiona1964
Moderator:
Moderator:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:
 
Highscores: 1
Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 20:01
Age: 56
Location: Glasgow Scotland
Gender: Male
Medals: 1
Forum Milestone (1)

Unread postby Grumpy » 15 May 2011 17:52

Tonyblack wrote:Should parents be required to have a licence before being allowed to have kids, such as being classed as a fit parent and have the money to support a child?


Lol. Would never work.

You can't govern the right to have children. How would you "not allow it" for certain people, so to say?
User avatar
Grumpy
Premium User:
Premium User:
Academy Player:
Academy Player:
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 13:01
Age: 30
Location: Surrey, UK
Gender: Male

Unread postby robi » 15 May 2011 21:29

What is classed as a bad parent?

I know from my very own experiences what a good and bad parent are but I just want to see what everyone else thinks.
Image
User avatar
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:
 
Articles: 52
Images: 71
Highscores: 10
Joined: 09 Apr 2011, 23:00
Age: 39
Location: Wales
Gender: Male
Medals: 13
Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby Tonyblack » 16 May 2011 13:57

Grumpy wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Should parents be required to have a licence before being allowed to have kids, such as being classed as a fit parent and have the money to support a child?


Lol. Would never work.

You can't govern the right to have children. How would you "not allow it" for certain people, so to say?


This was more of a question aimed at adults who can speak from experience
Image
Image
User avatar
Tonyblack
Registered User:
Registered User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:
 
Joined: 12 May 2011, 11:31
Age: 61
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Gender: Male

Unread postby J.A.D.E » 18 May 2011 08:20

Tonyblack wrote:
J.A.D.E wrote:Completely impractical.

What would be the criteria?

Finances? - wont work as we have ample instances of poor born people going on to achievegreat things. Also it would be against human rights to deny that pleasure to a mom, just becuase she does not have money. Would be like buying a child!!! On the other hand, we also have a number of instance of wealthier people having no interest/time for their kids.

I cant think of any other "qualifications" for a parent!


Mentality for starters would be on my list I could list a 2000 reasons why it should be done


and all 2000 would be impractical. For example how do you propose to classify mentality? A Q&A session, psychology test perhaps...how else?
User avatar
J.A.D.E
Premium User:
Premium User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:
 
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 23:41
Age: 39
Location: Neither here nor there!
Gender: Male
Medals: 1
Donated to Site (1)

Next

Return to Debate & Loggerheads Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests