Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/manutdfo/public_html/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 643

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/manutdfo/public_html/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 643
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1052: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4734: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4735: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:643)
View topic - Signature restrictions | Red Devils Forum

Signature restrictions

Into to forums and foruming this is the place to discuss it all.

Signature restrictions

Unread postby Richazey » 19 May 2011 11:44

I'm sure plenty of people will agree when I say: I hate huge signatures.

Unlike avatars which have some sort of common size threshold (normally somewhere between 80x80 - 120x120), signature rules vary massively between sites. For example large sites such as DigitalPoint and phpBB Support forums largely restrict everything from how many images you have, the types of images you can have (eg: animated, static), right down to the amount of lines you're allowed. At the other end of the spectrum, looking specifically at small sites the rules are far more relaxed - in many cases it essentially becomes a free for all.

I'd like to hear from Administrators and users on their views pertaining to signature rules. Obviously this will largely come down to personal opinion, but everyone's opinion counts - right?

First of all, are you bothered by huge sigs? When you're reading a topic would you rather finish one post and move onto the next without having to scroll past giant bricks of graffiti? Are you the sort of user that is annoyed to find size restrictions for signatures when you visit a new board? Are unlimited links important to you?

And finally one for the Admins, what are your rules and how do you enforce them? Do you rely on members of the community to report them? Do you use a script to automatically crop huge signatures? Is signature rule breaking something you clamp down on? Would you feel OK forcibly removing or editing a user's rule-breaking signature without first giving them a chance?
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 12
Highscores: 6
Medals: 8
Forum Milestone (3) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Image Milestone (1)

Unread postby sazhazey » 20 May 2011 09:09

I hate big signatures, there is no need for it.
Random avatar
sazhazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 1
Highscores: 1
Medals: 4
Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1)

Return to Forums & Foruming