It's United, not Man U!

Have you got some news that is not First, Youth or Reserve team discussion then post it in here.

It's United, not Man U!

Unread postby Richazey » 12 Apr 2011 09:45

If you didn't know it already, the term 'Man U' is one of the most offensive nicknames ever given to the club.

The term 'Man U' originates from an insulting song from our rivals Leeds. These people were supposedly Leeds fans but they were pretty sick human beings. They created a song which insulted all the men including Duncan Edwards who died in the Munich air disaster in 1958.

Our other rivals soon caught on and since then 'Man U' has been a nickname to cause offence to our people who lost their lives over 50 years ago.

These were the songs that they used:

"Man U, Man U, went on a plane! Man U, Man U, never came back again!"

"Man U, never intended in coming home!"

So you see, now you know never, EVER use this nickname again as it is an insult to the club you have forever loved.

If you hear anyone using the term 'Man U' please correct them and tell them to use one of the folliwing:

Manchester United
Man Utd
United
Red Devils
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 12
Highscores: 6
Medals: 8
Forum Milestone (3) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Image Milestone (1)

Unread postby robi » 13 Apr 2011 22:52

Its turly terrible and the original song came from West Brom fans of all places will have to search my memory banks for that one.
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 52
Highscores: 10
Medals: 13
Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby sazhazey » 14 Apr 2011 10:01

Why would they create such an aweful song?
Random avatar
sazhazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 1
Highscores: 1
Medals: 4
Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1)

Unread postby robi » 14 Apr 2011 18:27

It was an initial song not about munich but just about Duncan sung by West Brom fans but then the scum more commonly known has Leeds United fans decided to sing such a disgraceful song aimed at Munich.
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby robi » 17 Apr 2011 12:05

As I said I would here is the original:

A chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave".
The origin of "Man u" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.
"Man U Man U went on a plane Man U Man U never came back again"and.."Man U Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Unread postby Gaz » 17 Apr 2011 16:16

I hate it when people call us it and most don't know why
Gaz
Registered User:
Registered User:
Reserve Team Player:
Reserve Team Player:

Medals: 2
Forum Milestone (2)

Unread postby robi » 17 Apr 2011 17:12

You will here the argument that tv companies and manufactures used it before this so flaming what if they did since then it god turned into a racial slur against United so people have small mindes when it comes to this and I for one do not like it.
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Unread postby Richazey » 17 Apr 2011 21:16

I personally did not know till Robi educated me so same could be said for others as well.
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Forum Milestone (3) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Image Milestone (1)

Unread postby Joel » 23 Apr 2011 13:41

OH i get it now. So sorry guys, i really didn't know. Won't do it again, i never knew it was offensive. I just thought it was a short for their name. But so sorry. Respect to those who lost their lives 50 years ago. Sorry about it. Manchester United forever.
Joel
Registered User:
Registered User:
Academy Player:
Academy Player:

Unread postby Richazey » 23 Apr 2011 15:05

That is the problem as I stated most people now do not know.
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Next

Return to General United Discussion