Why Do You Follow United?

Have you got some news that is not First, Youth or Reserve team discussion then post it in here.

Why Do You Follow United?

Unread postby robi » 10 Apr 2011 00:12

What is it that got you into following United tell us a story about it.
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 52
Highscores: 10
Medals: 13
Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby Richazey » 10 Apr 2011 01:14

For over 10 years I was majorly involved with a semi-pro club but club politics made me lose my passion and love for the game and in 2009 I walked away from the club and football itself. However I meet Robi mif 2010 and with ihs passion for United , I started to take an interest in football till the point where by Feb this year I had rediscovered the love and passion for the game and I found it via watching United.
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 12
Highscores: 6
Medals: 8
Forum Milestone (3) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Image Milestone (1)

Unread postby J.A.D.E » 14 Apr 2011 08:53

I frankly have no idea. Football is not a populat sport where I grew up & somehow I ended up with United from the day I started watching. Never felt like having any other choices. It was love at first sight...literally!
J.A.D.E
Premium User:
Premium User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:

Medals: 1
Donated to Site (1)

Unread postby sazhazey » 14 Apr 2011 09:58

I love giggsy and my attachement to Unite grew from there.
Random avatar
sazhazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 1
Highscores: 1
Medals: 4
Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1)

Unread postby robi » 14 Apr 2011 18:30

Mine is the FA Cup its the first game I ever saw and it was United vs Everton in 85 and I can remember everyone being happy and clapping and jumping around from that day I associated happiness with Untied and thankfully for the best part of 26 years they have not let me down. :D
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 52
Highscores: 10
Medals: 13
Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby Ayms » 20 Apr 2011 12:36

Its a family thing
Random avatar
Ayms
Premium User:
Premium User:
Academy Player:
Academy Player:

Unread postby Gaz » 20 Apr 2011 14:13

Me dad was a season ticket holder in late 80's, so was brought up supporting them.
Gaz
Registered User:
Registered User:
Reserve Team Player:
Reserve Team Player:

Medals: 2
Forum Milestone (2)

Unread postby Richazey » 24 Apr 2011 13:24

Least we have no "glory" fans
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Forum Milestone (3) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Image Milestone (1)

Unread postby Pepe » 24 Apr 2011 23:01

Being from Mauritius I knew nothing about Manchester United. It was in the 60s...my dad used to play VERNONS - LITTLEWOODS - ZETTERS - pools and he used to get those magazines of which I still have one with Alex Ferguson's picture, whereby he's sitting in the front row of the Rangers FC.
There were no internet - no tv those days - only radio. My big brother,Mick, always listened to Paddy Finney on BBC World Sports where he would get the half time scores followed by the second half commentary of the Match Of The Day.
Whether it was the English Div I- the European Cup or any other competition Mick was always glued to the radio listening to commentaries involving Manchester United and I must have been 9 years old when I first listened to an FA Cup commentary when Manchester United beat Leicester City 3-1 in the final. Then...every Saturday - 7.00pm Mauritius time would be 'football listening time' for me.
Mick is no longer with us now but it is through him that I first heard about Denis Law - Bobby Charlton - George Best - Tony Dunne and the rest. I grew my hair like George Best and years later while representing my college in football, everyone called me George Best. I was good in dribbling but not as good as the Manchester United GENIUS.
1966 saw the introduction of television in Mauritius. I watched some World Cup matches but not much was shown about Man Utd's Div I matches. The first Man Utd match I saw on tv (black & White) was when they beat Benfica 4-1 in the European Champions Club Cup Competition in 1968.
From that time ...it was non stop. Mick used to buy 'GOAL' - where George Best and Bobby Charlton used to have their weekly columns. We were buying all the magazines that had to do with football...SHOOT - ONZE - FOOTBALL MONDIAL - MATCH . Books about George Best. Even George Best came up with his boots (side lacing)....and we bought those also.
I have been to England but haven't been able to watch Manchester United playing live football. However I have watched them on several occasions when they toured South Africa.
Random avatar
Pepe
Registered User:
Registered User:
Academy Player:
Academy Player:

Unread postby Richazey » 24 Apr 2011 23:07

Wow great read, would be great for you to come to England to see United live.
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Next

Return to General United Discussion