Petrucci determined to make up for lost time

The section is for the Youth and Reserve team discussion only.

Petrucci determined to make up for lost time

Unread postby robi » 19 May 2011 19:14

Davide Petrucci is determined to make the most of his time at Manchester United.

Although the campaign is coming to a close, the 19-year-old is hoping to push on again over the summer after missing out on around a year of football at an important time in his development.

"It's a great feeling and I'm feeling each time better and better," he told MUTV. "It's very positive at the moment and I'm looking forward to playing more games, even though the season is nearly over now.

"We can always play better than we play the week before. The more you play, the more you feel better. I feel quite close now [to my best]. I just need games to play and to show what I can do."

With Sir Alex Ferguson overseeing the reserves' development and Warren Joyce keeping an even closer watch on the players, Petrucci admits being under the microscope is a positive experience.

"That's great because it keeps you always alive," he explained. "Like you want to do things and try different things to impress them.

"They're always there to give good advice so it's a great thing for us."
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 52
Highscores: 10
Medals: 13
Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby giggsy11 » 19 May 2011 19:21

So happy to here that he is back and playing, playing well too. Lad deserves a break after such a terrible time with injury. He'll be sorry that the season is almost finished.
“This is embarassing to say but I have cried twice in my life watching a footballer. The first was for Roberto and the second was for Ryan Giggs”-Alesaandro Del Piero
giggsy11
Registered User:
Registered User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:

Articles: 3

Unread postby Richazey » 20 May 2011 22:15

He has as a lot of ground to make up but sure he will do it
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 12
Highscores: 6
Medals: 8
Forum Milestone (3) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Image Milestone (1)

Return to Youth & Reserves