Neville says current youth team best in 15 years.

The section is for the Youth and Reserve team discussion only.

Neville says current youth team best in 15 years.

Unread postby robi » 17 May 2011 19:12

Gary Neville says the current FA Youth Cup final team is the best since the Beckham generation.

Neville was a member of that Class of '92 - which would eventually become part of Old Trafford's folklore.

And of tonight's first-leg at a virtual sold-out Sheffield United, Neville told the Manchester Evening News: “I think this group is the best crop, the best youth team I have seen for 10-15 years.

“They have got power, strength and ability. They have proved that. There are some individuals in there who I would be amazed if they didn't become top players.

“They have got a lot to do but all young players of 17 and 18 have a lot to do to make it. But I would be really amazed if we didn't produce players from this group.

“There are the likes of Will Keane, Tyler Blackett, Ravel Morrison, Paul Pogba, Ryan Tunnicliffe and Larnell Cole. They look to me to be the best group I have seen for a long time.

“Winning the Youth Cup would be a huge achievement. You produce players out of Youth Cup wining teams. That has been proved. I am really excited by this group of players. They have enthusiasm. They have discipline. They have a great will to win and temperament.

“Some of them have that star quality. I couldn't describe them as the new Class of '92 because they haven't done it yet. But there are five or six of them that I am really excited about. There is a good bunch who can make Premier League football players. Whether five or six go on to play for Manchester United's first team you never know, but they have a big chance.”
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 52
Highscores: 10
Medals: 13
Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby sazhazey » 18 May 2011 08:47

Lets see if they can win the youth Cup first before we start talking about the new class of 92
Random avatar
sazhazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 1
Highscores: 1
Medals: 4
Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1)

Unread postby robi » 18 May 2011 19:50

I know its instant pressure from him there isnt it.
robi
Administrator:
Administrator:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 52
Highscores: 10
Medals: 13
Forum Milestone (7) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Article Milestone (1) User Arcade Milestone (1)

Unread postby Unitedite » 19 May 2011 14:14

Yep bad comment to make, kids have enough to worry about with out being stuck with this label
I was born United, I live United and will die United

1908 1911 1952 1956 1957 1965 1967 1993 1994 1996 1997 1999 2000 2001 2003 2007 2008 2009 2011

Count them and tell us we are not the best club in England
Unitedite
Registered User:
Registered User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:

Articles: 1

Unread postby giggsy11 » 19 May 2011 20:11

Lofty comments, got some talent in there for sure and it is now up to them to realise their potential. It certainly won't be easy for them. But it is definately one of the best things to see players come up through the club and contribute, win things too. No greater feeling and far more satisfying than buying players.
“This is embarassing to say but I have cried twice in my life watching a footballer. The first was for Roberto and the second was for Ryan Giggs”-Alesaandro Del Piero
giggsy11
Registered User:
Registered User:
Youth Team Player:
Youth Team Player:

Articles: 3

Unread postby Richazey » 20 May 2011 22:08

Hey I just hope he is right if so we will be strong for another 10-15 years
Random avatar
Richazey
Registered User:
Registered User:
First Team Player:
First Team Player:

Articles: 12
Highscores: 6
Medals: 8
Forum Milestone (3) Outstanding Achievement (1) Donated to Site (1) User Post Milestone (1) User Topic Milestone (1) User Image Milestone (1)

Return to Youth & Reserves